Application for compensation under Section 16 of the Act in respect of claims for compensation
for death and injury as a result of train accident or untoward incident
[See Rule 5 of the Railway Claims Tribunal (Procedure) Rules, 1989]
Application under Section 16 of the Act in respect of claims for compensation arising out of
accident to a train.
Title of the case:
Sl. No. Description of documents attached Page No.
Signature of the Applicant
For use in Tribunal’s Office.
Date of filing
Date of Receipt by post
Signature for Registrar.
The Railway Claims Tribunal,
I, ___________________________son/daughter/wife/widow of
_______________________ [residing at] _______________________ having been injured in railway
accident to train or untoward incident hereby apply for the grant of compensation for the injury sustained.
I, ___________________________son/daughter/wife/widow of _______________________
[residing at] _________________________ hereby apply as dependant for the grant of compensation on
account of the death/injury sustained by Shri/ Kumari/ Shrimati___________________
son/daughter/wife/widow of Shri/ Shrimati_________________________ who died/was injured in the
railway accident referred to hereunder.
Necessary particulars in respect of the deceased/injured in the accident are given below:
1. Name and father’s name of the person injured/dead (husband’s name in the case of married woman or widow)
2. Full address of the person injured/dead.
3. Age of the person injured/dead.
4. Occupation of the person injured/dead.
5. Name and address of the employer of the deceased, if any-
6 (a) Brief particulars of the accident indicating the date and place of accident and the name of the train involved-
6 (b) Brief particulars of the untoward incident indicating the date and place of the untoward incident.
7. Class of travel, and ticket/pass number, platform ticket number to the extent known________.
8. Nature of injuries sustained along with medical certificate.
9. Name and address of the Medical Officer/Practitioner, if any, who attended on the injured/ dead and period of treatment____________
10. Disability for work, if any, caused.
11. Details of the loss of any luggage on account of the accident to the train
12. Has any claim been lodged with any other authority? If so, particulars thereof
13. Name and permanent address of the applicant ____________
14. Local address of the applicant if any
15. Relationship with the deceased/injured _________________
16. Amount of compensation claimed ______________________
17. Where the application is not made within one year of the occurrence of the accident to the train or untoward incident, the grounds thereof ____________________
18. Any other information or documentary evidence that may be necessary or helpful in the disposal of the claim ____________________
19. Mention the documents, if any, filed along with application.
I, ________________ solemnly declare that __________________
(a) the particulars given above are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and
(b) I have not claimed or obtained any compensation in relation to
the injury/death/loss of luggage which is the subject matter of this application.
Date: Signature or left thumb impression of the applicant
(Name of the witness and his address in case left
Thumb-impression is put by the applicant)
I, _______________________________ (Name of the applicant)
S/o, D/o, W/o, ___________________________ age__________ resident of
______________________________________ do hereby verify that the contents of paragraphs
______ to ______ are true to my personal knowledge, and paragraphs ______ to ______ are believed to
be true to the best of my knowledge or the legal advice given to me, and that I have not suppressed any
Date: Signature of the applicant
Place: Full address:
Railway Claims Tribunal,