NORTH CENTRAL RAILWAY
(A) Passenger Carrying Trains at a Glance:
812 Mail/Express & 190 Passenger trains are scheduled to run over North Central Railway system.
Out of 812 Mail/Express trains over North Central Railway, 566 Mail/Express trains (69.70%) are running at speed of 130 kmph and above.
Out of 50 Rajdhani trains running over Indian Railways, North Central Railway operates 42 Rajdhani trains i.e. 84%.
Schedule average speed of Mail/Express trains is 64 kmph which is the highest amongst all zonal railways.
(B) Prestigious trains:
(1) 12049/12050 Nizamuddin-Virangana Laxmibai Jhansi “Gatimaan” Exp (6 days) is running at speed of 160 kmph from Palwal to Agra Cantt and 130 kmph from Agra Cantt to Virangana Laxmibai Jhansi. This is the highest speed express train over Indian Railway.
(2) 12001/12002 New Delhi-Rani Kamalapati “Shatabdi” Express (Daily) is running at speed of 150 kmph from Palwal to Agra Cantt and onwards at 130/120 kmph speed. This is the second highest speed express train over Indian Railway.
(3) 22435/22436 New Delhi-Varanasi “Vande Bharat” Express (6 days)is the first Vande Bharat train introduced over Indian Railway with an average speed of 104 kmph over North Central Railway.
(4) 20171/20172 Hazrat Nizamuddin-Rani Kamlapati “Vande Bharat” Express (6 days) is the second Vande Bharat train introduced over Indian Railway with an average speed of 92.05 kmph over North Central Railway.
(5) 12417/12418 Prayagraj – New Delhi “Prayagraj” Express (Daily) is the longest passenger carrying train running with 24 LHB coach over Indian Railway with speed of 130 kmph.
(6) 12275/12276 Prayagraj-New Delhi and 22437/22438 Prayagraj-Anand Vihar “Humsafar” Express (Daily) is the first ever train over Indian Railway to introduce sleeper coaches in Humsafar category of trains.
(7) 12403/12404 & 20403/20404 Prayagraj-Bikaner “Superfast” Express (Daily) is the first ever train over Indian Railway to introduce 3AC Economy coaches.
(8) 22221/22222 Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus-Nizamuddin “Rajdhani” Express (Daily) is the first Rajdhani over Indian Railway running with push-pull mode of locomotives.
(C) Special trains:
In addition to scheduled Mail/Express and passenger trains, several special trains also run on different occasions viz. festival, summer, winter, pilgrim mela, recruitment, etc.
(D) Charted trains:
Charted Tourist trains (Palace On Wheel, Maharaja, Deccan Oddessy, Buddhist, Ramayan Circuit, Bharat Gaurav, etc) are also run on the basis of demand.
(E) Detailed Train Information: Use official app or website NTES (National Train Enquiry System) (https://enquiry.indianrail.gov.in)