ALWAYS AVOID ACCIDENT
A - An Alarming incident involving train which
C - Creates wide spread havoc
C - Causes serious casualty
I - Interrupts the traffic movements
D - Damages huge property
E - Embarrasses the railways badly
N - Necessitates tedious enquiry proceedings
T - Translates into severe DAR action
ESSENTIAL HINTS OF SUCCESSFUL ACCIDENT MANAGEMENT
1. All Railway-men whether on duty or otherwise, should involve themselves in rescue and relief operation.
2. There should be utmost speed in rushing medical and other relief to the site of accident.
3. Utmost care, consideration and courtesy should be extended to the passengers involved in the accident.
4. Adequate and quick arrangements should be made for food, drinking water etc. to the affected passengers.
5. The responsibilities of various employees at the site should be clearly defined.
6. Quick transmission of information, particularly, details of dead and injured should be ensured.
7. Ensure proper preservation and care of the dead.
8. Ensure security of passenger’s luggage.
9. Timely dissemination of information to passengers of evacuation arrangement to avoid panic and create re-assurance.
10. Ensure proper liaison with civil administration and press.
11. Ensure that clues are preserved and restoration operations are well planned and executed swiftly.